Enhance your Pilates teaching with the Pilates small ball, weighted balls and massage balls and discover how these balls add variety, challenge, resistance, control and fun!
During this online seminar you will learn a series of preparation movements using the Pilates Small Ball, using a motor control approach for the deep muscle systems to train greater quality of movement.
Following on from this remedial series the Pilates Small Ball will be incorporated into select exercises from the APPI Matwork series, to both facilitate and challenge total body movement. You will then learn to apply the APPI principles to Pilates movements using the Pilates weighted balls. The use of the Pilates weighted balls is highly effective for targeting specific muscle groups and increasing positional and movement awareness and control. A select series of massage and release techniques for tight and uncomfortable muscles using Pilates massage balls rounds of this workshop.
Variations and special consideration to the Pilates exercises as it relates to injuries and rehabilitation will be taught to provide practitioners with the knowledge and skills to selectively prescribe the movements.
The APPI ‘All the small balls’ course aims increase the range of exercise class options and movement patterns for specific muscle retraining and movement pattern re-training. Many variations, progressions, sequences and flow are taught to further enhance stability, strength and mobility training into a fluid, fun a dynamic exercise program from rehabilitation for full fitness.
Following this course you will be able to:
- Add variety into floor based exercise programs by incorporating some of the various fitness balls available
- Use the soft ball to enhance ankle strength, balance, alignment, dynamic muscle stretching and to mobilise the entire body in both standing and lying
- Use the weighted balls for alignment, movement advancement, increased strength, and to target specific muscles directly with the hand held weighted balls.
- Design fluid, choreographed class plans which can immediately be implemented into your exercise classes
- Pilates Class
- Afternoon Tea
Registration opens at 7:45am.
Coffee/hot tea provided in a.m. One hour break for lunch (lunch not included in fees).
This course is open to:
- Physical Therapists
- Physical Therapist Assistants
- Athletic Trainers
- Exercise Physiologists
- Certified Strength and Conditioning Specialists
- Personal Trainers
- Certified Pilates Instructors
- Occupational Therapists
- Occupational Therapy Assistants
- Third Year Physical Therapy Students
HealthCare Partners, A DaVita Medical Group
23430 Hawthorne Blvd. #105
Torrance, CA 90505
40 S Broadway #201,
1550 Utica Ave S, Suite LL01
Saint Louis Park,
Boston Sports Medicine
1 Braintree Street
EB booking discounts end 4 weeks prior to the course taking place.
Book for 3 people or more on the same course and receive a 15% discount. Email firstname.lastname@example.org for all group bookings.
If you are a student, please email email@example.com for information on special discounted rates.
If you would like this educational event brought to your facility, please click here for our host course options.
We are happy to accommodate your ADA needs; please email firstname.lastname@example.org.