Ante and Post Natal Pilates
This extremely popular two-day course will take you through practical sessions, workshops and lectures to gain an understanding of Pilates for ante & post natal women. The physiological, biomechanical and postural changes that occur during the childbearing year will be related to the adaption and application of APPI Pilates exercises.
What will be covered in the course
- The antenatal period (Overview of physiological changes during pregnancy and considerations for exercise
- Modified Pilates during Pregnancy (Indications and considerations for Pilates throughout the trimesters)
- The postnatal period (Over view of postnatal period and Pilates applications)
- Pelvic Girdle Pain
- Ante Natal Modified Pilates Exercises
- Postnatal Modified Pilates class
- Stretching in the antenatal class
- Case studies for Pelvic Girdle Pain in pregnancy and pelvic stability class postpartum
- Case Studies for the postnatal population
- Case Studies for the antenatal population
Ante & Post Natal Schedule
In order to complete this course it is recommended that you have attended APPI’s Pilates for Rehabilitation – Matwork Level One course or a 2 day Pilates Matwork course with a recognized Pilates training provider.
This course is open to:
• Physical Therapists
• Physical Therapist Assistants
• Athletic Trainers
• Exercise Physiologists
• Certified Strength and Conditioning Specialists
• Personal Trainers
• Certified Pilates Instructors
• Occupational Therapists
• Occupational Therapy Assistants
Physical Therapists/Physical Therapist Assistants
This course is approved by the following:
13.5 CCU’s by the Texas Board of Physical Therapy Examiners (Approved provider # 2211050TX)
“The assignment of Texas PT CCUs does not imply endorsement of specific course content, products, or clinical procedures by TPTA or TBPTE.”
Many other states may accept credits awarded by the above state boards. Please check with your state licensing board to determine whether the course qualifies for credit in your state. Please note that due to the changing nature of state continuing education requirements, APPI suggests that you contact your state physical therapy association or licensing board for the most current information on continuing education and other rules and regulations.
Occupational Therapists/Certified Occupational Therapist Assistants
13.5 Contact Hours. AOTA Approved Provider of Continuing Education # 11485 Category 1 Domain of OT. The assignment of AOTA CEUs does not imply endorsements of specific course content, products, or clinical procedures by AOTA
APPI is Board of Certification, Inc., (BOC) Approved Provider. This course has been approved for 13.5 continued education hours for Athletic Trainers. BOC Approved Provider number P10086.
Personal Trainers/ Certified Strength and Conditioning Specialists
APPI courses are not automatically approved by the NSCA, however if you would like to attend this course, you are able to self-submit received NSCA CEUs.
‘The ACSM Certification & Registry Department will recognize CECs, CMEs or CEUs awarded by other professional health and fitness or clinical organizations for attending their programs without it being pre-approved or endorsed by the ACSM Education Department. These are considered “non-ACSM endorsed programs.” You must obtain documentation from that organization verifying attendance and the number of CECs earned.’
If you require accreditation through another governing body or within another state, or require any further information please email email@example.com.
How does it all work?
- Having booked your space, you will receive information for how to log on to the live-stream via Zoom. Zoom is a free online service for video live-streaming which will you give you instructions to download with just a few clicks.
- You will receive a full-colour digital manual, although can request a hard-copy too.
- Then all you have to do is click on the provided link to join before the time your course starts on the day of your course, from the comfort of home.
- Remember to set up a space with a mat to practice along with the presenter or for any demonstrations. Don’t worry, we will let you know about any products needed
- You will still receive a full certificate of attendance in the same way as an in-person course
- Click the Zoom link that has been sent
- Click ‘Join Meeting’
- Download the desktop or device App (free, and very quick)
- Test your mic and wait for the host (APPI) to start the Zoom meeting
- Enter your name which will appear on screen
- Start learning!
EB booking discounts end 4 weeks prior to the course taking place.
Book for 3 people or more on the same course and receive a 15% discount. Email firstname.lastname@example.org for all group bookings.
If you are a student, please email email@example.com for information on special discounted rates.
If you would like this educational event brought to your facility, please click here for our host course options.
We are happy to accommodate your ADA needs; please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Financial – All APPI presenters who teach this course receive a speaking honorarium from APPI America.
Non-financial – No relevant non-financial relationship exists with any of APPI’s presenters for this course.